I usually get an influx of emails regarding love and relationships so I thought I’d head it off at the pass by discussing the Love and Relationship Gua.
First of all, did you know that this back right-hand side of the home or room governs the “head woman” of the home or room? Yep —it sure does! That means, that not only does it promote energy that sustains love and relationship, it also has the ability to support the head woman overall in life.
The head male is governed by the Helpful People and Travel Gua if you were wondering.
I just happened to recently have a “looking for love” client who agreed to let me document his before and afters…and before they were! I often say, “I’ve seen it all,” but this guy proved me wrong! Until his home, I have never seen a REAL CASKET in someone’s bedroom before — yikes! Yep, this guy is big into Halloween and cherishes this casket as his most prized Halloween decoration. Unfortunately, storing it in his bedroom, along with a few other “love-killers” like weapons, business desks, and “single subject” symbols is scaring away a love life.
So, here’s what I suggested to help create his dream of finding someone to love and marry:
1. Make the bedroom (and master bath) look like and function just like the loving couple lives there already. No Desk, No Weapons, No casket,…..You can be into Halloween and all, but it must not happen in the relationship-building “we space” of the bedroom.
Instead, have matching night stands (one for you and one for your partner that you consider “not yours”) and symbols of romance to you. If I have to say it again I will…If you don’t want just one night stands, don’t have just one nightstand.
2. Get the bed out of the death position. I know he’s into all things Halloween and all things dead, but the position of having the foot of the bed in line with the bedroom door is a feng shui no-no. Any other position is probably a better one than that particular one. Preferably there should be no window above the headboard too, which luckily in this case, he had a solid wall backing his bed. The best position is called “the command position” or “The armchair position.”
3. Make the most of the “Head Man” (Helpful People and Travel) Gua part of the house (that is currently his garage that is STUFFED with other Halloween and Christmas Décor.) The rule to remember is “space equals opportunity.” All that stuff in this part of the home/bagua results in this head man of the house not having any room for anything new in his life. My advice is to create space ANYWHERE in order to gain additional “opportunity space.” Get rid of anything that does not support current dreams or any current vision you have of yourself. For this particular client, we had to put “skeleton pirates hanging from the back yard palm trees” on the list.
4. Since dining and companionship are strongly tied together energetically, create a dining room that easily supports a loving couple. His happens to be in the prosperity (back left-hand) part of the home. Just like the bedroom, build a space that is functional and romantic to you.
5. We also did my favorite salt burn space clearing ritual just to kick start the efforts.
Besides my client wanting to see relationship shifts by Mid February, he also wanted a new job that pays well, so I gave him the suggestions that I placed in last year’s article on Feng Shuiing for a New Job.
Hi Karen! I just need you to tell me if I should cool my jets in this department. I *love* my house but it is not the best in the relationship, head woman, and head man sectors. My romance bagua is essentially an unfinished basement/storage area as the house is built into a mountain. I cannot afford a reno at this time but I do try to keep it tidy and dust free. I painted parts of the shelving red, have a few items in pairs, and a few tokens that represent love there. I also have a few of the storage boxes in red, hung a crystal in the corner and added one in the center of the space. Finally, he head man Gua is missing. I buried a crystal, and have a light with the sun and moon there as well as a spotlight facing up. I plan on hanging a black wind chime out there as well with my next pay check, and when spring comes I was considering burying red string to help close it off. I love your book but I am afraid of going overboard because I can do that sometimes.
https://karenrauchcarter.com/move-your-stuff-with-karen-membership/ the first month is free if you want to show me your work! You can meet others who tend to go overboard there too! 😉
I waiting for your second book to arrive. . I live in a little unit where the bedroom is in the skills and knowledge and the love corner next to the little kitchenette area. Does this mean that the relationship corner should have a dinner table and 2 chairs because is next to the kitchen or can it be the living room or work from home office as well? Space is very limited as I have a lot of shelves.
I have been single by disappointment choice for 11 years and I am opening up now to find a companion but I just don’t know where to start.
I have agoraphobia hence have no friends, only acquaintances. How can I enhance my small space for love and relationships?